Call for Papers
Extended Deadline: September 30 2018
Paper Notification/Supplementary Material: October 25 2018
Final Decision Announced: October 30 2018
Main Conference: 12-14 December 2018
The international Image Processing Applications and Systems conference is intended for grouping from all over the world challenging researchers, innovators, academicians, and practitioners in image processing theory and tools, for following high level tutorials, sharing their achievements, exchanging their experiences and discussing future orientations. The conference will also offer an opportunity to make a bridge between image processing researchers and people working in other application fields such as medical doctors, radiotherapists or industrial parts. Accepted and registered papers will be submitted to be published in IEEE.
Paper Submission: The conference is devoted to image processing, computer vision algorithms and applications. Papers should report high quality research and describe original contributions.
Main topics contain, but not limited to:
- Image and Video Processing Theory
- Image and video analysis and interpretation Vision for Robotics.
- Computer Vision Theory Deep Learning & Artificial Intelligence
- Convolutional Neural Networks.
- Speech Processing
- Vision for Web Applications
- Medical Image Processing and Computer Aided Diagnosis
- Human Focused Analysis
- 3D Computer Vision
- Object Recognition
- Ontology based Image Representation & Processing
- Real Time Image Processing Categorization, Indexing
- Content Based Image Retrieval
- Image Segmentation
- Biometrics Statistical Learning
- Shape descriptors Big Data,
- Large Scale Methods Motion and Tracking
- Texture Descriptors
- Data Selection
- Hardware Implementation & Co-design
- Fuzzy classifiers
- Possibility Theory and Decision Making
- FPGA Reconfigurable Design
Journal Special Issue:
Authors of exceptional papers may be invited to submit extended versions to be considered for publication in an IET peer-reviewed journals:
- IET Computer Vision Journal: http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/iet-cvi – ,
- IET Image Processing Journal: http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/iet-ipr –
- IET Biometrics Journal: http://digital-library.theiet.org/content/journals/iet-bmt
Sergio A Velastin: Professor at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Jean-Marc Odobez: Professor at Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland
Vittorio Murino: Professor at IIT Italian Institute of Technology, Italy
Extended Deadline: 30 September 2018
Paper Notification/Supplementary Material: 25 October 2018
Final Decision Announced: 30 October 2018
Main Conference: 12-14 December 2018
Paper Review: The submission and reviews for IPAS 2018 will be handled through the Easy Chair conference management system. Easy Chair – IPAS 2018.
Authors can submit Full papers. Only accepted and presented full papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore.
Manuscript length: Six pages maximum for Full Paper Submission. This is a strict limit for initial submission. During final submission of accepted papers, authors may purchase extra pages if they find it necessary to address the concerns of the reviewers.
Double blind reviewing: IPAS follows a double-blind review process. Authors are required to include their names and affiliations during online submission and omit their names and affiliations in their papers as illustrated in IPAS Conference templates. These templates (Microsoft Word and LaTeX) can be found at the following link:
As the page indicates, IEEE has recently revised their LaTeX templates. If you had previously downloaded these templates please revisit this site to access the latest version.
Ethical Requirements for Authors:
The workshop committee requires that all authors wishing to present a paper declare that:
- The paper is substantially original and that no paper substantially similar in content has been submitted or will be submitted to any other conference or journal during the IPAS 2018 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism, and
- The paper will be presented by the author or a co-author in person.