Call for Papers
|Paper Submission:||May 20, 2022|
|Paper Notification:||June 30, 2022|
|Camera ready paper submission:||September 15, 2022|
|Author registration:||October 10, 2022|
Image Processing is covering nowadays larger fields of Applications. It is about observing the world with new “eyes”, seeing deeper things and exploring more informations, more understanding and analysing for beeing able to handle expert rules and systems, also about decision making, artificial intelligence, about beeing smarter and going beyond human intelligence.
Low level human processing theory and methods, as well as image and video processing theory will be of great focus. As we consider complex and real time practical applications, many challenges have to be solved. Signal, Image and Video analysis and interpretation is a research issue which is more explored in different research frameworks, such as human activity recongition applications, smart city applications, image retrieval, tracking, etc. Image Processing Applications for Virtual and Augmented Reality have make a revolution in medical surgery and in advertisement and touristic applications. The user can just see beyond real sight. Medical Imaging makes use of different modalities for screeing, where each modality is exploring a specific interaction of the body and/or pathological transformations with the different electromagnetic wavelengths. Ultrasound, mammograms, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and multimodal medical imaging are of great interest in our conference. Computer Aided Dtection, Diagnosis. Application of deep learning in modern medical systems is still an open research problem, for the relatively small sample number in some medical pathologies and the challenge is how to make the deep network able to learn from the existing samples.
The international Image Processing Applications and Systems conference aims at grouping from all over the world challenging researchers, innovators, academicians, and practitioners in image processing theory and tools, for exchanging their research achievements and discussing their main issues. The conference will also offer an opportunity to make a bridge between image processing researchers and industrial parts for discussing their research roadmap and research valorization.
High quality original papers are welcome in all areas of computer vision applications. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
Paper Submission: Papers should report high quality research and describe original contributions.
Main topics contain, but are not limited to:
- Image Processing Theory and Methods
- Image and Video Processing Theory
- Image and video analysis and interpretation
- Real Time Image Processing
- Categorization and Indexing
- Content Based Image Retrieval
- Low level image Processing & Image Segmentation
- Large Scale Methods Motion and Tracking
- Human Focused Analysis
- 3D Computer Vision
- Vision for Robotics
- Computer Vision for Virtual and Augmented reality
- Biologically Inspired Computer Vision and Image Processing
- GPU-based Image Processing and Computer Vision
- Computer Vision for tourism applications
- Computer Vision and Image Processing for cultural heritage applications
- Speech Processing
- Vision for Web Applications
- Underwater acoustic imaging
- Underwater video imaging
- Remote Sensing and Signal Processing
- Communication, Networking and Broadcast Technologies
- Computing and Processing applied to sensing the earth, oceans, atmosphere and space, and the processing, interpretation
- Theory, concepts, and techniques of science and engineering applied to Geoscience
- Medical Engineering and Healthcare applications
- Medical Image Processing and Computer Aided Diagnosis, Computer Aided Detection
- Computer Vision and Image Processing for healthcare applications
- Ultrasound, mammograms, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, and multimodal medical imaging
- Image processing and Big Data
- Data Selection
- Image Processing for Cyber Security
- Signal Processing for Smart Systems and Sensors
- Hardware Implementation & Co-design
- Possibility Theory and Decision Making Systems
- FPGA Reconfigurable Systems
- Ontology based Image Representation & Processing
- Image Processing and biometric systems
- Multimodal Biometric Systems
- Statistical learning
- Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence
- Computer Vision Theory and Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Generative and Adversial Neural Networks (GANs)
- Operating systems, software systems, and communication protocols
- Real-time systems and embedded systems
- Performance, fault tolerance, reliability, security, and testability
- Case studies and experimental and theoretical evaluations
- New and important applications and trends in computer vision
- Affective computing: Sensing & analysis, algorithms and features for the recognition of affective state from face and body gestures
- Analysis of text and spoken language for emotion recognition
- Analysis of prosody and voice quality of affective speech
- Recognition of auditory and visual affect bursts
- Innovative studies in Cloud Computing applications
Paper Review: The submission and reviews for IPAS 2022 will be handled through the Microsoft Conference Management System. CMT – IPAS2022.
Authors can submit Full papers. Accepted papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore.
Manuscript length: Six pages maximum for Full Paper Submission. This is a strict limit for initial submission. During final submission of accepted papers, authors may purchase extra pages if they find it necessary to address the concerns of the reviewers.
Double blind reviewing: IPAS follows a double-blind review process. Authors are required to include their names and affiliations during online submission and omit their names and affiliations in their papers as illustrated in IPAS Conference templates. These templates (Microsoft Word and LaTeX) can be found at the following link:
As the page indicates, IEEE has recently revised their LaTeX templates. If you had previously downloaded these templates please revisit this site to access the latest version.
Ethical Requirements for Authors:
The workshop committee requires that all authors wishing to present a paper declare that:
- The paper is substantially original and that no paper substantially similar in content has been submitted or will be submitted to any other conference or journal during the IPAS 2020 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism, and
- The paper will be presented by the author or a co-author in person in case of non existing travel problems due to covid-19.